Each week, the news team compiles upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Charlottesville Planning Commission meets from 5:30-11pm Tuesday, March 11 in Council Chambers at City Hall. The meeting will be preceded by a gathering 4:30-5:30pm in the Neighborhood Development Services conference room. The meeting agenda includes a joint public hearing on plans for pending Community Development Block Grant and HOME funds from the Department of Housing and Urban Development. City of Charlottesville will receive about $400,000 for Housing and Community Development needs and $66,000 in HOME funds for affordable housing from HUD.
- Two Albemarle County Board of Supervisors members will hold community meetings Tuesday to discuss the budget. Board Chair and Scottsville rep Jane Dittmar hosts one from 6:30-8:30pm at Stone-Robinson Elementary, and Diantha McKeel, who represents Jouett, holds hers from 7:30-8:30pm at Jack Jouett Middle School.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors holds a budget work session from 3-5:30pm and a meeting from 6-8pm Wednesday in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building on McIntire Road. The agenda for the meeting includes two zoning and signage proposals and a Comprehensive Plan update.
- The PLACE Design Task Force meets at noon Thursday in the Neighborhood Development Services conference room at City Hall.
- The Charlottesville City Council holds a budget work session from 5-7pm Thursday at CitySpace on the Downtown Mall.