Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority Board of Directors meets from 2:15-3pm Tuesday, June 24 at RWSA headquarters on Moores Creek Lane.
- The Charlottesville Planning Commission holds a work session to discuss current projects from 5-7pm Tuesday in the Neighborhood Development Services conference room at City Hall.
- The Albemarle County Planning Commission holds a regular meeting from 6-9pm Tuesday in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building. There will be a public hearing on an ordinance that would change the rules and regulations regarding cell phone towers in the county—something staff has been working on for more than a year—and the commissioners will also hold a work session on how to update local rules to comply with changes in the state code regulating farm breweries and wineries.
- City and county parks and recreation staff will hold a third design meeting on the McIntire Skate Park at 6:30pm Tuesday at Carver Recreation Center. The new park’s conceptual design will be presented, and users will have the chance to speak with designers.
- The Charlottesville City Council will hold a workshop meeting from 5-7pm Thursday at CitySpace to hear a report on disproportionate minority contact in the juvenile justice system.