Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- Charlottesville’s HUD Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) task force meets at 11am Monday, July 28 at the nTelos Wireless Pavilion to discuss funding priorities for the City Council to consider in its next budget cycle.
- Albemarle’s Historic Preservation Committee meets from 4:30-5:30pm Monday in room 241 at the Albemarle County Office Building.
- The Charlottesville Housing and Redevelopment Authority Board of Directors meets at 7pm Monday in Council Chambers at City Hall.
- The Albemarle County Planning Commission meets from 6-9pm Tuesday, July 29 in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building on McIntire Road. The Commission will hear a proposal to eliminate a requirement for the construction of 32,000 square feet of non-residential use at Hollymead Town Center, as well as a proposal from Castle Hill Cider to remove an expiration date for farm winery events held on the property.
- The county’s next Long Range Solid Waste Solutions Advisory Committee meeting will be held from 1-2pm Tuesday in Community Development Conference Room B at the Albemarle County Office Building.