1. Acceptance of Terms
You understand that all postings, advertisements messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials (“Content”) posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, e-mail or otherwise make available via the Service. You understand that C-Ville Classifieds does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Service, and that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable. Furthermore, the C-Ville Classifieds site and Content available through the Service may contain links to other Websites which are completely independent of C-Ville Classifieds. C-Ville Classifieds makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of the information contained in any such site. Your linking to any other Websites is at your own risk. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will C-Ville Classifieds be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, e-mailed or otherwise made available via the Service. C-Ville Classifieds shall have the right (but not the obligation) at its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available via the Service, for violating the letter or spirit of the Terms or for any other reason.
3. Notification of Claims of Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify C-Ville Classified’s agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement (“Agent”), at email@example.com or:
C-Ville Classifieds 308 E Main St
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Please provide our Agent with the following Notice:
- 1. Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- 2. Identify the material on the C-Ville Classifieds site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it on the Website;
- 3. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- 4. A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (a) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (b) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
- 5. Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; and
- 6. Your physical or electronic signature.
C-Ville Classifieds will remove the infringing posting(s), subject to the procedures outlined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
4. Privacy and Information Disclosure
5. Prohibited Conduct and Use
You agree to use the class.avenews.com website only for lawful purposes and agree not to post, e-mail, create an ad, or otherwise make available any Content:
- that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or harmful to minors in any way;
- that encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense;
- that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- that constitutes a solicitation, directly or in “coded” fashion, for any illegal service exchanging sexual favors for money or other valuable consideration;
- that is lewd, lascivious or depicts or simulates sexual acts;
- that impersonates any person or entity, including but not limited to a C-Ville Classifieds employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- that is false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, or constitutes “bait and switch”;
- that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- that constitutes or contains “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if (1) posted in areas of the C-Ville Classifieds sites which are not designated for such purposes; or (2) e-mailed to C-Ville Classifieds users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
- that includes links to commercial services or Websites, except as allowed in “services.”
- that advertises any illegal services or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited, restricted. regulated by applicable local, state or federal law.
- that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to the Service, or that otherwise negatively affects other user’s ability to use the Service; or
- that employs misleading e-mail addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through the Service.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted;
- stalk or otherwise harass anyone;
- collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from the Service’s exception is made for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and noncommercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file;
- post non-local or otherwise irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to C-Ville Classified’s computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, the Service or the C-Ville Classifieds Website.
6. No Spam Policy
You understand and agree that sending unsolicited e-mail advertisements to C-Ville Classifieds e-mail addresses or through C-Ville Classifieds computer systems, which is expressly prohibited by these Terms, will use or cause to be used servers located in Utah. Any unauthorized use of C-Ville Classifieds computer systems is a violation of these Terms and certain federal and state laws, including without limitation the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. 1030 et seq.) Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
7. Limitations on service
You acknowledge that C-Ville Classifieds may establish limits concerning use of the Service, including the maximum number of days that Content will be retained by the Service, the maximum number and size of postings, e-mail messages, or other Content that may be transmitted or stored by the Service, and the frequency with which you may access the Service. You agree that C-Ville Classifieds has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that C-Ville Classifieds reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice, and that C-Ville Classifieds shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
8. Termination of service
You agree that C-Ville Classifieds, at its sole discretion, has the right (but not the obligation) to delete or deactivate your account, block your e-mail or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of the Service (or any part thereof), immediately and without notice, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, if C-Ville Classifieds believes that you have acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the Terms. Further, you agree that C-Ville Classifieds shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Service. Further, you agree not to attempt to use the Service after said termination. Sections 2, 4, 6 and 9-13 shall survive termination of these Terms.
9. Dealings with organizations and individuals
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You agree that C-Ville Classifieds shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that C-Ville Classifieds is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release C-Ville Classifieds, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and / or our service.
10. Proprietary rights
The Service is protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or through the Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the Sites or the collective work is prohibited. Copying or reproducing the sites or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited. You further agree not to reproduce, duplicate or copy Content from the Service, and agree to abide by any and all copyright notices displayed on the Service. You may not decompile or disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any aspect of the Service. Salt Lake C-Ville Classifieds is a registered mark in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Although C-Ville Classifieds does not claim ownership of content that its users post, by posting Content to any public area of the Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to C-Ville Classifieds an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, said Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing.
C-Ville Classifieds does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any content or any submission by any user. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE AND THE SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, C-Ville Classifieds DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE AND THE SERVICE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, C-Ville ClassifiedsDISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR OTHER SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE OR THE SITES OR SERVICE, OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY LINKS ON THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, C-Ville Classifieds DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES FOR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE OR THE SERVICE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
12. Limitations of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL C-Ville Classifieds BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF C-Ville Classifieds HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE C-Ville ClassifiedsSITE OR THE SERVICE, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE OR THE SERVICE, FROM INABILITY TO USE THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE OR THE SERVICE, OR THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION, MODIFICATION, ALTERATION, OR TERMINATION OF THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE OR THE SERVICE. SUCH LIMITATION SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF OTHER SERVICES OR PRODUCTS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE, AS WELL AS BY REASON OF ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED IN CONNECTION WITH THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY LINKS ON THE C-Ville Classifieds SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
You agree and acknowledge that C-Ville Classifieds is not responsible for liable to you or any other party for your use of the Service, your violation of these Terms or for any Prohibited Conduct referenced in Paragraph 5 herein and you further agree to indemnify and hold C-Ville Classifieds, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your violation of the Terms, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.
14. General information
The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and C-Ville Classifieds and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and C-Ville Classifieds. The Terms and the relationship between you and C-Ville Classifieds shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and C-Ville Classifieds agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Salt Lake City, Utah. The failure of C-Ville Classifieds to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the partiesï¿½ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the Terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
15. Violations of Terms and Liquidated Damages
Please report any violations of the Terms, by flagging the posting(s) for review, or by e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
You understand and agree that because damages are often difficult to quantify, if actual damages cannot be reasonably calculated then you will be liable to pay C-Ville Classifieds liquidated damages as follows:
- a. If you post a message that (1) impersonates any person or entity; (2) falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity; or (3) that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that personï¿½s explicit consent, you agree to pay C-Ville Classifieds one thousand dollars ($1,000) for each such message.
- b. If C-Ville Classifieds establishes limits on the frequency with which you may access the Service, or terminates your access to or use of the Service, you agree to pay C-Ville Classifieds one hundred dollars ($100) for each message posted in excess of such limits or for each day on which you access C-Ville Classifieds in excess of such limits, whichever is higher.
- c. If you send unsolicited e-mail advertisements to C-Ville Classifieds e-mail addresses or through C-Ville Classifieds computer systems, you agree to pay C-Ville Classifieds twenty-five dollars ($25) for each such e-mail.
- Otherwise, you agree to pay C-Ville Classifiedsï¿½s actual damages, to the extent such actual damages can be reasonably calculated.
We welcome your feedback on this document email@example.com.