Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Albemarle County Architectural Review Board meets at 1pm Tuesday, February 18 in room 241 in the County Office Building on McIntire Road.
- The Charlottesville Board of Architectural Review meets at 5:30pm Tuesday in the basement conference room at City Hall. At the meeting, the BAR will hear an initial presentation from the new owner of the Downtown Regal building, who will explain plans for what will become a movie theater plus bar and restaurant. Other projects are seeking certificates of appropriateness, including the planned four-story addition to the Beta Bridge apartments near Grounds and 1000 West Main, a major student housing development.
- The Charlottesville City Council also meets Monday starting at 7pm at City Hall. On the agenda: the blight declaration on the Landmark Hotel, adjustments to the Affordable Dwelling Unit Ordinance, and a discussion of park land acquisition and forest management.
- The Charlottesville School Board meets for a budget work session from 4-6pm Wednesday at CATEC, 1000 E. Rio Road.
- On Wednesday, February 18, the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing on the Western Bypass. The hearing begins at 4pm. A signup sheet will be available in the Auditorium beginning at 2pm, and signups will be permitted during the public hearing. Online signups will be available at www.albemarle.org/bosspeakers from 4pm Monday through 2pm Tuesday.
- The Albemarle County Service Authority meets from 9-11am Thursday at its headquarters at 168 Spotnap Road.
- An urban design presentation on possibilities for West Main Street will be held from 6-8pm Friday in the McIntire Room at the Jefferson-Madision Regional Library. The city is holding a community input session on its own slate of options for redesign of the corridor from 10am-1pm Saturday at Carver Recreation Center.