Dumler plans to fight forcible sodomy charge

  • 1 COMMENTS
Chris Dumler. Photo: John Robinson Chris Dumler. Photo: John Robinson

A week after his arrest hit local media, Albemarle County Supervisor Chris Dumler said he intends to plead not guilty to the forcible sodomy charge against him and remain active on the Board of Supervisors.

Dumler’s press statement, released Thursday morning by Payne, Ross and Associates, said he will “offer a vigorous defense, and will allow the legal process to work.”

The 27-year-old Georgia native was the youngest person elected Supervisor in the county’s history when he replaced Lindsay Dorrier as Scottsville’s representative last year. He said in his press statement that he has neither requested nor received special treatment by city or county officials, law enforcement, or officers of the court.

Dumler was released from the Albemarle Regional Jail last Friday morning when local Democratic party member Cynthia Neff secured his $50,000 by putting her home up as collateral. He’s being represented by defense attorney Andrew Sneathern, and will appear in court for a preliminary hearing December 13. In the meantime he will remain active on the Board of Supervisors, but the release said he will abstain from any votes that could pose a conflict of interest.

  • Ron rrrva@aol.com

    Believe, one is innocent unti proven guilty

Comment Policy