Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Albemarle County Architectural Review Board meets at 1pm Monday, April 7 at the County Office Building on McIntire Road.
- Some members of the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will hold community meetings this week, rescheduled after snow complicated things a couple of weeks ago. Brad Sheffield holds a meeting from 6-9pm Monday at Woodbrook Elementary School, and Liz Palmer hosts one from 6:30-8:30pm at Meriwether-Lewis Elementary.
- The Charlottesville City Council meets from 7-11pm Monday in Council Chambers at City Hall. Among the agenda items: A public hearing on the FY2015 budget and a public hearing on an ordinance that would increase the city’s cigarette tax.
- The Charlottesville Planning Commission holds a meeting from 5:30-10pm Tuesday in Council Chambers at City Hall, preceded by a work session from 4:30-5:30 in the Neighborhood Development Services conference room. The agenda includes joint public hearings on ordinance changes to get local rules in line with new state stormwater requirements.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors holds a special meeting from 6-9pm Tuesday in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building in order to hold a public hearing on the county’s proposed budget and tax rate.
- The next day, Wednesday, the BOS holds a regular meeting from 6-9pm in Lane Auditorium.
- The PLACE Design Task Force meets at noon on Thursday in the Neighborhood Development Services conference room in City Hall.
- City Council will hold one final budget work session from 5-7pm Thursday in Council Chambers at City Hall, and convenes from 5:30-6pm Friday in the same place to approve the budget.