Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority Board meets from 2:15-4pm today, Monday, January 27, at RWSA headquarters at 695 Moores Creek Lane in Charlottesville. Among the agenda items is approval of the agency’s capital improvement program for the next four years.
- The Charlottesville City Council holds a work session on the Blue Ribbon Commission to improve city schools at CATEC, 1000 E. Rio Road, from 4-6pm Tuesday, January 28.
- The Charlottesville Planning Commission also holds a work session Tuesday from 5-7pm in the Neighborhood Development Services conference room at City Hall. Up for discussion is a proposed change to the zoning code determining how Planned Unit Developments are approved by the city.
- The Albemarle County Planning Commission holds a regular meeting from 6-9pm Tuesday in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building on McIntire Road. The Commission will hold a public hearing on planned changes to its critical slopes ordinance, which regulates development on steeply sloped land in the county.
- The city will hold an open house on the McIntire Trail Bridge design from 6-7:30pm Tuesday in the Charlottesville High School cafeteria. The bridge will connect the two sides of the park for pedestrians and serve is a key link on the growing multi-use trail linking Downtown and Hydraulic Road.
- On Thursday, January 30, the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors and Economic Development Authority will hold a joint meeting on the establishment of the county’s economic development program.