Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Charlottesville Planning Commission holds a planning session from 4:30-5:30pm in the Neighborhood Development conference room in City Hall, followed by a regular meeting at 5:30pm in Council chambers. The meeting will include a preliminary discussion of a special use permit for the planned Market Plaza development at Water and 2nd streets, future home of the City Market.
- The Charlottesville Economic Development Authority meets from 4:30-6pm Tuesday in Council chambers at City Hall. The agenda includes discussion of development along soon-to-be-extended Hillsdale Road and an AFID grant—money from the state to support agriculture in Virginia—for Relay Foods.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors meets from 5-7pm Tuesday in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building on McIntire for a work session on the Comprehensive Plan. The supes gather again from 6-10pm Wednesday for a regular meeting; that agenda includes a proposal to build more townhouses in the Hollymead Town Center development and a comment session on the plan to grant the Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority and the city permission to extend a sewer line through county property downtown.
- The Route 29 advisory committee convened by the Department of Transportation meets again at 2pm Thursday at the Virginia Department of Transportation’s Center for Transportation Innovation and Research at 530 Edgemont Road.
- City Council will hold another “Our Town Charlottesville” town hall meeting from 6-8pm Thursday at Carver Recreation Center in the Jefferson School City Center, an opportunity for residents to talk about issues with elected officials in an informal setting. Dinner and childcare will be provided.