Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- Albemarle County supervisors Brad Sheffield (Rio) and Ann Mallek (White Hall) will hold a joint town hall meeting from 6-8pm Monday, September 29 at the Hollymead Fire Station in Charlottesville to discuss the package of improvements proposed for the Route 29 corridor. Sheffield and Diantha McKeel (Jack Jouett) will hold another town hall from 6-8pm Thursday, October 2 at CATEC, 1000 East Rio Road.
- The Charlottesville Housing and Redevelopment Authority meets at 7pm Monday, September 29.
- The Albemarle County Crime Prevention Council hosts a town hall meeting on the events in Ferguson, Missouri and their implications in Albemarle County from 7-8:30pm Monday at Monticello High School. Expert panelists will discuss issues such as police militarization and public perception of law enforcement, and attendees will be able to provide input and ask questions.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors meets from 1-9pm Wednesday, October 1 in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building on McIntire Road. The meeting will include a work session on amending the county’s wireless strict tower ordinance, the rules of which are expected to be relaxed. The board will also vote on its legislative priorities and its 2015-2017 strategic plan.
- The Charlottesville Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee meets from 5-7pm Thursday, October 2 in the basement conference room at City Hall.