Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Rivanna Solid Waste Authority and the Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority Board of Directors hold meetings Tuesday, August 27 at RWSA/RSWA Headquarters on Moores Creek Lane. The RSWA meets from 2-2:30pm and the RWSA Board from 2:15-4pm.
- The Charlottesville City Council and the city Planning Commission will hold a joint work session on the implementation of the Comprehensive Plan from 5-7pm Tuesday at CitySpace on the Downtown Mall. The focus of the session will be on small area planning.
- The Metropolitan Planning Organization is kicking off the next phase of the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan process with a public hearing on the LRTP from 5-7pm Wednesday, August 28 at the Water Street Center, 407 Water Street East. Learn about how the MPO plans for future transportation development, from road updates to transit, at the Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission’s new LRTP website: www.tjpdc.org/lrtp.
- The Community Investment Collaborative has teamed up with Capital One Bank and Virginia Community Capital to sponsor a small-business workshop for local entrepreneurs from 12:30-1:30pm Thursday, August 29, at CitySpace on the Downtown Mall. The program, titled “Building Effectual Networks: The Charlottesville Small Business Resource Summit,” is free, but registration is required. Register ahead of time here, or call 434-971-2787.
- The City Council holds another Downtown Mall work session from 5-7pm Thursday at CitySpace. Up for discussion is a potential tax district to pay for additional public safety measures and other resources.