Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Albemarle County Historic Preservation Committee meets from 4:30-5:30pm Monday in room 241 at the County Office Building on McIntire.
- The Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority Board meets from 2:15-4pm Tuesday at the RWSA’s headquarters on Moores Creek Lane to hear regular reports, discuss engineering services for the water treatment plant, and hear a presentation from Stream Watch.
- The Albemarle County Planning Commission gathers for a work session on the county’s Comprehensive Plan from 4-5:30pm Tuesday in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building on McIntire Road. A regular public meeting frollows from 6-9pm. Check out the agenda here.
- The Charlottesville Tree Commission meets at 5pm Wednesday at Carver Recreation Center.
- The next Charlottesville City Council “Our Town Charlottesville“ town hall meeting takes place from 6-8pm Thursday at Jackson-Via elementary school. The informal public discussion session is aimed at hearing questions and concerns on life in the city from residents of the Ridge Street, Willoughby, and Burnett Commons areas.