Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors holds a work session on the school budget from 9-11am today at the County Office Building on McIntire Road.
- The Charlottesville Planning Commission meets at 5:30pm Tuesday, March 12 at City Hall, preceded by an hourlong gathering in the Neighborhood Development Services conference room. Check out the agenda here.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will meet all day Wednesday. The regular meeting from 9am-3:30pm includes a closed session during which Board members will discuss removing Supervisor Chris Dumler, who started his weekend jail time for sexual battery Friday, from all boards and commissions. From 4 to 5:30pm, they’ll hold a joint meeting with the school board, and then will reconvene at 6pm for several public hearings. Charlottesville Tomorrow has detailed agendas here.
- The city will hold a Strategic Investment Area community meeting from 3-9pm Thursday at the Ix Warehouse to discuss how best to invest resources and attract businesses and growth to the urban area around the Ix Complex. Check out the event flyer for more information.
- City Council holds a budget work session from 5-7pm Thursday in the basement conference room at City Hall.