Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- Albemarle County’s Architectural Review Board meets at 1pm Monday, May 19 in Room 241 at the County Office Building.
- The Charlottesville City Council holds its second regular meeting of the month from 7-11pm Monday in Council chambers at City Hall. The meeting will include a public hearing on utility rates, a resolution on the fire services agreement, and an update on city road projects, among other agenda items.
- The Charlottesville Board of Architectural Review meets at 5:30pm Tuesday, May 20 at City Hall.
- The Charlottesville Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meets at 5:30pm Wednesday, May 21 at Carver Recreation Center.
- There will be a public input meeting on relieving congestion in the Free Bridge area from 4-7pm Wednesday, May 21 at the Water Street Center, 407 Water Street East. Members of the Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission and an engineering firm will present alternatives for the bridge area, and there will be time to ask questions and discuss the possible designs. The meeting will conclude with a public comment period.
- The Places 29 Community Advisory Council meets from 5-6:30pm Thursday, May 22 in Room 235 at the County Office Building.
- The county will hold a public meeting on the planned Regional Firearms Training Center from 6-7:30pm Thursday, May 22 at the East Rivanna Volunteer Fire Company.