The November issue of Abode is on stands now… Here’s what you’ll find inside this month.
- A Charlottesville native, Anne Gibson Mark took over her father’s business in 1985 and never left.
- Why colored cabinets still aren’t Charlottesville homeowners’ top pick.
- Violet Crown Cinema‘s layered look.
- This month’s featured designer, Kathy Donovan, shares her favorite things.
- An antebellum estate just outside Scottsville has ample space and historic details.
This month’s featured house…
Tearing down an old house to build anew often means losing a lot of useable materials in the process. For design-build company Latitude 38, it presents an opportunity: Take the home apart by hand and you can salvage and reuse everything from studs and siding to mantelpieces and flooring. The result, a mix of old and new, is a modern dwelling for a young family.