Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
Take note—the weather may shift the below schedule. Check back with us for cancellations and updates, and follow us on Twitter (@cvillenews_desk) for the latest.
- The Albemarle County Board of Architectural Review meets at 1pm Monday at the County Office Building on McIntire Road.
- The Charlottesville City Council meets from 7-11pm Monday in council chambers. Money is on the agenda: There will be presentations on the city school board’s adopted budget as well as the city manager’s proposed budget. Also up for discussion are a report on UVA housing and an amendment to a Ridge Street land purchase agreement. The Council gathers again from 5-7pm Thursday for a budget work session.
- The League of Women Voters holds a community dialogue titled “Child Care: Cost, Quality, Consequences?” from noon to 1:15pm Tuesday in Room A of the Jefferson School African American Heritage Center. Speakers include Charlottesville City Councilor Kristin Szakos and Children, Youth & Family Services manager Gail Esterman.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors holds a school budget work session from 9am-noon Tuesday, and then gathers for a regular meeting from 9am-4pm Wednesday in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building.
- The Metropolitan Planning Organization meets from 2-4pm Thursday in the Water Street Center. The regional transportation planning group will address the Long Range Transportation Plan as well as other matters. This will be the first meeting of the MPO since the Federal Highway Administration effectively put plans for the Western Bypass on ice.
- The Charlottesville Bike and Pedestrian Advisory Committee meets from 5-7pm Thursday in the basement conference room at City Hall.