Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- Albemarle County Supervisors are planning community meetings to discuss the county budget and proposed tax increase this week. Jane Dittmar: 5-6:30pm Monday, March 24 at Victory Hall in Scottsville. Ken Boyd: Wednesday, March 26, 6:30-8:30pm at the Hollymead Elementary School Auditorium. Liz Palmer: Monday, March 24, 7-9pm at the Red Hill Elementary School Cafeteria; Tuesday, March 25, 7-9pm at the Meriwether Lewis Elementary School Cafeteria. Brad Sheffield: Tuesday, March 25, 6-9pm, at the Woodbrook Elementary School Cafeteria.
- A joint Albemarle County Community Advisory Council town hall will be held from 6:30-8:30pm Monday in room 241 at the County Office Building on McIntire Road. The Crozet, Pantops, Places29 and Village of Rivanna advisory groups will come together with county staff to discuss development issues.
- The Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority meets from 2:15-4pm Tuesday at RWSA headquarters on Moores Creek Lane.
- The Albemarle County Planning Commission meets from 6-9pm Tuesday in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building. On the agenda is an amendment to county zoning to address state requirements for farms and farm breweries.
- The Charlottesville City School Board holds a joint business luncheon and meeting with the Charlottesville City Council at 1pm on Wednesday, March 26 in the basement conference room at City Hall.
- The Metropolitan Planning Organization Policy Board meets from 4-6pm Wednesday at the Water Street Center. The agenda includes a public hearing on the 2040 Long-Range Transportation Plan draft and a discussion of status of the Route 29 Bypass. The Bypass has up to now been included in the MPO’s LRTP, but the Federal Highway Administration effectively froze the project last month, and the state is currently examining alternatives.
- The Charlottesville City Council holds a budget session from 5-7pm Thursday at City Hall.
- Advocates for a Sustainable Albemarle Population (ASAP) will hold their annual meeting from 7:30-9pm Thursday at Westminster Presbyterian Church.