Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Albemarle County Architectural Review Board meets at 1pm Monday, July 7 in Room 241 at the Albemarle County Office Building on McIntire Road.
- The Charlottesville City Council holds its first regular meeting of the month at 7pm Monday in Council Chambers at City Hall. The agenda includes a report from the Belmont Bridge Steering Committee that’s expected to address the competing designs for a replacement bridge connecting Belmont and downtown.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors and the county Planning Commission will hold a joint meeting from 5-7pm Tuesday, July 8 in Room 241 at the County Office Building to discuss changes to the county’s cash proffer policy.
- The Charlottesville Planning Commission meets at 5:30pm Tuesday in Council Chambers in City Hall. On the agenda: A public hearing on a plan to create a Rugby Road Historic Conservation District, and a petition to rezone the plot that’s home to the County Office Building on McIntire from residential to commercial.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors meets from 3:30-10pm Wednesday, July 9 in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building. The agenda includes a rezoning request from Tandem Friends School to allow for expanded enrollment and the rezoning of a plot near Glenmore from Rural Area zoning to a Neighborhood Model District, allowing for three to 34 housing units per acre. The Rivanna Village development would include up to 400 units, including townhomes and single family detached houses at a density of 4.2 homes per acre.
- The PLACE Design Task Force meets at noon on Thursday, July 10 in the Neighborhood Development Services Conference Room at City Hall. An hourlong Small Projects subcommittee meeting will precede the regular meeting.
- The Charlottesville Bike and Pedestrian Advisory Committee meets from 5-7pm Thursday in the basement conference room at City Hall.