Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Albemarle County Architectural Review Board meets at 1pm Monday, July 21 in Room 241 at the Albemarle County Office Building on McIntire Road.
- The Charlottesville City Council meets at 7pm Monday, and will hold a closed-session meeting from 4:30-7pm. The agenda includes a resolution study the city’s zoning ordinance on term rentals (a step that could precede reforms to rules that govern houses and apartments that are rented out on homestay sites like Airbnb), a resolution regarding the Belmont Bridge redesign, and a report on the Human Rights Commission.
- The Rivanna Solid Waste Authority meets at 2pm Tuesday, July 22, interrupted by a Rivann Water and Sewer Authority meeting at 2:15pm. The latter meeting includes a discussion of engineering alternatives to the Schenks Branch Interceptor.
- The Albemarle County Planning Commission meets at 6pm Tuesday in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building.
- Albemarle County supervisors Jane Dittmar and Liz Palmer join county staff at 5:30pm Thursday at Monticello High School for a community forum to discuss the part of the Comprehensive Plan—largely completed but still awaiting a final vote from the Board of Supervisors—that deals with long-term plans for the Southern Development Area in parts of the Scottsville and Samuel Miller districts.