Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Charlottesville Board of Architectural Review meets at 5:30pm Tuesday, July 15 in Council chambers at City Hall. Among the agenda items is a preliminary discussion of a new mixed-use complex in the 400 and 500 blocks of West Main Street.
- The Albemarle County Planning Commission meets from 6-8pm Tuesday in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building on McIntire Road. There will be a public hearing on planned changes to the sections of the county code defining agricultural operations and farm wineries and breweries—adjustments mandated by a new state law now in effect that loosens regulations on events at farms.
- The city’s Housing Advisory Committee meets from noon to 1:30pm Wednesday, July 16 in the Neighborhood Development Services Conference Room at City Hall.
- The Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission holds a meeting to discuss congestion relief at Free Bridge from 4-7pm Wednesday at the Water Street Center, 407 Water St. E.
- Charlottesville’s City Council holds a work session to discuss its housing fund from 5-7pm Thursday, July 17 at CitySpace in the Market Street parking garage.