Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Albemarle County Architectural Review Board meets from 1-3pm Monday, December 2 in room 241 at the Albemarle County Office Building on McIntire Road. On the agenda for review is the plan for the new Northside Library.
- The boards of directors for both the Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority and the Rivanna Solid Waste Authority will meet at 2:30pm Monday in the second-floor conference room at the authorities’ headquarters, 695 Moores Creek Lane to discuss opting out of the state’s disability plan and signing up for a plan with the Virginia Association of Counties.
- The Charlottesville City Council meets at 7pm Monday in council chambers at City Hall. Several special use permits are on the agenda, as is a public hearing on the purchase of a residential lot near Greenbrier Park that will allow for public access to the Rivanna Trail. Also included is a resolution to revise Architectural Design Control district guidelines for the West Main Street area, where multiple student housing projects are underway or planned.
- The Albemarle County Planning Commission meets from 6-9pm Tuesday, December 3 in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building on McIntire. Several agenda items deal with changes to local agricultural and forestal districts. The Commission will also hold a public hearing on an ordinance amending the rules defining which kinds of signs require special use permits, and will discuss the local Long-Range Transportation Plan.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors holds an all-day meeting Wednesday, December 4. It will take on the same forestal district changes as the Planning Commission, and will hold a public hearing on the establishment of an auxiliary police force.
- The city’s Bike and Pedestrian Safety Committee meets from 5-7pm Thursday, December 5.