Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- Charlottesville’s City Council holds its second regular meeting of the month at 7pm Monday, September 16 in City Council chambers at City Hall. Included on the agenda are a resolution to amend the city’s agreement on support of the Ivy Material Utilization Center and a report on the Belmont Bridge.
- The Charlottesville Board of Architectural Review meets from 5:30-8pm Tuesday in Council chambers at City Hall. Among the agenda items: a certificate of appropriateness application for a new 3-story mixed use building at 550 E. Water St.
- The candidates vying for the Rio District seat on the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors—Republican incumbent Rodney Thomas and Democratic challenger Brad Sheffield—will participate in a candidates’ forum hosted by Charlottesville Tomorrow and the Daily Progress from 6-8:30pm Tuesday at Woodbrook Elementary School.
- The Fry’s Spring Neighborhood Association will host a forum for the four candidates running for two open seats on the Charlottesville City Council. The event runs from 6-8pm Wednesday at the Jefferson Park Baptist Church.
- Absentee voting for this fall’s races begins Friday. For more information on how to vote early, call your Office of Voter Registration in Charlottesville (970-3250) or Albemarle (972-4173). Absentee Ballot Applications are also available online at the State Board of Elections website: www.sbe.virginia.gov.