Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings, too.
- The Albemarle County Architectural Review Board has CANCELLED its previously scheduled 1pm meeting on Monday, December 17.
- Monday at 5:30pm, Charlotteitesville Area Transit will present its redesigned service concept. The meeting, held at CitySpace, is expected to last about an hour, and will be open to the public.
- The Charlottesville City Council meets the same day at 7pm at City Hall, and has a full agenda. They will have a public hearing on the bid opening and grant of lease for Davis Field, and will hear an update on the Dialogue on Race before discussing the Human Rights Taskforce. Finally, Piedmont Virginia Community College will provide its annual report, and an update on the Transit Study will also be presented.
- Tuesday at 5:30pm, the Charlottesville Board of Architectural Review will hold its meeting at City Hall. The agenda includes the presentation of the 2012 preservation awards, to the best preservationist and best designer. The Board will also discuss certificate of appropriateness applications for a storefront renovation, season tent, revisions to previously approved new addition, a retaining wall, and the new construction of Charlottesville University housing.
- At 6pm on Tuesday, the Albemarle County Planning Commission will meet in Lane Auditorium at the county office building. The consent agenda includes the discussion of a request for preliminary subdivision approval for 20 single family lots in the rezoned portion of Old Trail.
- Before everyone heads home for the holidays, the Albemarle County Service Authority will hold its final meeting of 2012 at 9am on Thursday, December 20, at the Albemarle County Service Authority building on Spotnap Rd in Charlottesville.