Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings, too.
- The Albemarle County Architectural Review Board meets from 1 to 3pm Monday at the County Office Building. On the agenda are some late-in-the-game review items related to the new Stonefield development on Route 29, including an amendment regarding a building awning and materials to be used in the construction of the Hyatt Place hotel.
- Charlottesville City Council meets at 7pm today in Council chambers. On the agenda is a hearing for year-end appropriations and a “Downtown Mall update”—possibly a discussion of panhandling on the Mall and the planned “Downtown Ambassadors” program that will allow the city to hire people to stroll the mall full-time.
- Charlottesville’s Board of Architectural Review meets at 5:30pm Tuesday in City Council chambers. Among other items on the agenda: recommendations for the Plaza on West Main, the planned 5- to 8-story University housing complex that sparked opposition from Fifeville residents last week.
- On Tuesday, the Albemarle County Planning Commission holds a 6-8pm work session on its Comprehensive Plan’s rural areas and natural resources chapters.
- City and county governments will close down for the Thanksgiving holiday Thursday and Friday.
- The City Market becomes the Holiday Market this weekend, with an extended variety of vendors offering treats, ornaments, gifts and more. The market runs from 8am to 1pm Saturdays through December 22.