Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Charlottesville City Council meets at 7pm Monday at City Hall. The agenda includes resolutions and ordinances on the city’s ADA Transition Plan, the proposed utility rates for 2014, and the Meadowcreek Stream Valley Master Plan. The Council will also hear a quarterly update from the Rivanna Water and Sewer Authority.
- The Albemarle County Planning Commission meets from 6-8pm Tuesday in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building. On the agenda are two special use permits and a rezoning application that would allow for a higher density build at the Lofts At Meadowcreek in the Rio magesterial district.
- On Wednesday, the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors holds a regular meeting starting at 9 a.m. at the County Office Building. Up for discussion and/or action: the Virginia Tourism Development Financing Program, the Community Health Improvement Plan, board and commission vacancies, and two public hearings, including one concerning the Bellair CSA’s barn.
- The Charlottesville School Board meets from 5-7pm Thursday in the media center at CHS. Included in the agenda: the renewal of the superintendent’s contract, an update on science lab renovations, details on science textbook adoption, and a report from the Special Education Advisory Committee.
- The City Council will hold a work session on the Charlottesville City Market from 5-7pm Thursday at CitySpace, 100 Fifth Ave. NE. Council members will see a presentation from Market Ventures on the future of the City Market.
- The Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission meets from 7-10pm Thursday at the Louisa Arts Center on Fredericksburg Avenue in Louisa. The meeting will include a report on FY13 third-quarter finances.