Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- Another candidates’ forum for those running for seats on the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors takes place from 6:30-8:30pm Tuesday, October 1 at Murray Elementary School. This time, the Samuel Miller District candidates face off: Republican incumbent Duane Snow and Democratic challenger Lizbeth Palmer.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors holds a regular 9am-5pm meeting Wednesday, October 2 in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building on McIntire Road. The JAUNT annual report, stormwater regulations, and a discussion of career firefighters serving as volunteers within the same jurisdiction are all on the agenda.
- The Downtown Business Association holds a City Council candidates’ forum from 7-9pm Wednesday at CitySpace. Two Democrats and two Republicans are running for two open seats in that race.
- The city’s Bike and Pedestrian Safety Committee meets from 5-7pm Thursday, Oct. 3 in the Neighborhood Development Services conference room in city hall. Up for discussion are the TJPDC’s Long-Range Transportation Plan, an update on the planned bike and pedestrian connector between Water Street and the coming City Walk condominiums, and more.
- The next Our Town Charlottesville meeting takes place from 6-8pm Thursday, this time in the Woolen Mills neighborhood. Local residents are invited to ask questions and hold discussions with City Council members at the open meeting at the Woolen Mills Chapel.