Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- Tuesday, October 15, is the last day to register to vote before the November 2013 election. No need to fill out all the paperwork every year, but you should re-register every time you move to a new address. Check your local Office of Voter Registration for details about ID requirements, absentee voting, and restoration of voting rights.
- The Charlottesville Board of Architectural Review meets Tuesday, October 15, at 5:30pm in the City Council chambers in City Hall. Up for discussion are certificate of appropriateness applications for projects involving the replacement of nine antennas on 819 West Main Street, the temporary tent at Commonwealth, and a four-story mixed-use building on East Water Street.
- The Albemarle County Planning Commission will meet Tuesday, October 15 at 6pm in Lane Stadium in the County office building on McIntire Road.
- The Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce North Charlottesville Business Council will hold a forum for Albemarle County Board of Supervisors candidates on Wednesday, October 16. All eight candidates will be in attendance, and the event begins at a1:30am at the Holiday Inn on Emmet Street. Cost to attend is $35 for Chamber members and $40 for non-members.
- The two Democrats and two Republicans vying for the empty seats on the Charlottesville City Council will gather on Thursday, October 17 for a candidates’ forum. Hosted by Charlottesville Tomorrow and The Daily Progress, the event will begin at 6:30pm at the Jefferson School African American Heritage Center auditorium.