Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Albemarle County Architectural Review Board meets at 1pm Monday, June 2 in Room 241 at the Albemarle County Office Building on McIntire Road. Check out the agenda here.
- The Charlottesville City Council holds its first regular meeting of the month at 7pm Monday, June 2. Among the noteworthy items to be addressed: The approval of a new two-year lease of the McGuffey Art Center building, a public introduction of the submitted ideas for a plan for the downtown City Market, and a 12 percent increase in both water and wastewater utility rates. See the full agenda here.
- The Albemarle County Planning Commission meets at 6pm Tuesday, June 3 in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building. The agenda including reviews of two agricultural and forestal districts and requests by two schools, Tandem and Regents, to significantly increase enrollment (and, in Tandem’s case, build a new gym).
- The Charlottesville Parks and Recreation Department holds an open house to review design plans for McIntire Park from 6:30-8:30pm Tuesday, June 3 at Carver Recreation Center at the Jefferson School City Center. The design is for the eastern portion of the park and a planned trail bridge over the railroad tracks connecting the park’s east and west segments. To see materials ahead of time, visit www.charlottesville.org/mcintirepark.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors meets at 5pm Wednesday, June 5 in Lane Auditorium for a brief closed session, after which the board will adjourn until Tuesday, June 10.
- The Charlottesville Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee meets from 5-7pm Thursday, June 6 in the basement conference room at City Hall.