Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Albemarle County Architectural Review Board meets at 1pm on Monday, August 4.
- The City of Charlottesville will hold another public meeting on the future of West Main Street from 6:30-8pm Tuesday, August 5 at Carver Recreation Center. Go to gowestmain.com/latest-news/ for updates on the streetscape redesign process and details on the meeting.
- The Albemarle County Board of Supervisors meets from 9am-7pm Wednesday, August 6 at the County Office Building on McIntire Road. The agenda includes a public hearing on amendments to the county code to extend agricultural and forestal district status for various county parcels, and a vote on converting the Ivy transfer station into a community trash drop-off station—a solution to the controversial issue of how to deal with trash services in the county.
- The Route 29 Project Delivery Advisory Panel meets from 2-4pm Thursday, August 7 at the Virginia Department of Transportation’s Center for Transportation Innovation and Research, 530 Edgemont Road.
- The Charlottesville Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee meets from 5-7pm Thursday in the basement conference room at City Hall.