Each week, the news team takes a look at upcoming meetings and events in Charlottesville and Albemarle we think you should know about. Consider it a look into our datebook, and be sure to share newsworthy happenings in the comments section.
- The Albemarle County Architectural Review Board meets at 1pm Monday, August 18 in Room 241 in the County Office Building on McIntire Road.
- The Charlottesville City Council meets at 7pm Monday in Council Chambers at City Hall. The agenda includes a public hearing and resolution on the city’s priorities for the next round of federal Community Development Block Grant funding; first readings on a number of ordinances, including one to rezone the County Office Building and another to establish the Rugby Road Conservation District; and a report on the Downtown Mall, which has been at the center of an ongoing community discussion about safety, panhandling, and public access. The Council gathers again at 6pm Wednesday for a special meeting to discuss the impacts of the McIntire-250 Bypass interchange construction on surrounding neighborhoods.
- The Charlottesville Board of Architectural Review meets at 5:30pm Tuesday, August 19 in Council Chambers at City Hall. The lengthy agenda includes discussion of an application by the Charlottesville Mural Project to paint a bike mural on the retaining wall near the McGuffey Art Center, and an application from developer and architect Bill Atwood to build a new mixed-use complex on West Main Street.
- The Albemarle County Planning Commission meets at 6pm Tuesday in Lane Auditorium at the County Office Building on McIntire. On the agenda are rezoning proposals in the Scottsville district that would allow development of about 25 acres with housing.
- The Albemarle County Service Authority meets at 9am Thursday, August 21 at ACSA headquarters, 168 Spotnap Road, Charlottesville.