Save Your Green: Only Chance to Earn 12 Elective CE Hours for FREE
Register for July 12 – 13 Sustainability Training to Become ‘Earth Advantage Broker’
Home energy performance and green construction or retrofits have become mainstream in Charlottesville and the surrounding areas. To bolster the REALTOR® community’s understanding of how to incorporate it into daily business practices, a two-day Sustainability Training for Accredited Real Estate Professionals will be held at 9 am – 4 pm on July 12 -13 at CAAR.
STAR gives REALTORS® the knowledge and skills to communicate with clients about, and promote, the value and benefits of a new or remodeled eco-friendly home. Attendees will learn how to:
- Distinguish themselves in the marketplace with green home knowledge and marketing skills.
- Describe basic green home features and trends.
- Communicate effectively about green building concepts.
- Articulate the value of the Energy Performance Score and recommended energy upgrades for â¨homeowners. Home Energy Rating System and Home Energy Score also will be discussed.
- Identify the differences among leading third-party green home certification programs.
- Tailor their marketing message to clients who have varying green values.
This course is free to all REALTORS®. More details and registration through Earth Advantage Institute is available here: http://www.earthadvantage.org/education-events/certification/star/.
2012 Wintergreen Summer Music Festival – â¨Innovation 2012
This year, from July 6 through August 5, the Wintergreen Summer Music Festival will focus on INNOVATION with events and performances that include music, dance, theatre, film, food, wine and the visual arts. For as long as human beings have inhabited the planet, there have been innovators…people who move us in new directions. Living innovators will be celebrated, but the emphasis will be on innovation during the past 1,000 years. As always, there will be the familiar and the unfamiliar. There will be something for everyone, including orchestra concerts, jazz performances, seminars, kids programming, cooking classes, nature-related events and so much more!
The Festival is held at Wintergreen Resort and other Central Virginia locations with more than 200 events in 31 days. Tickets range in price from $10-$50 (prices vary by event and many events are free)
Phone: (434) 325-8292 â¨or visit: â¨www.wintergreenperformingarts.org