We’ve been instantly decorating together for a while now. And while some of you may be right on target in terms of your crafting skills, others of you might still be completely confused. This month’s project is the one for you. You can invent your own process as you go (we did!), and the worse job you do the better it looks! It’s a decorating miracle.
Materials: Small table (or any piece of furniture), Mod Podge (found at any craft store), dress patterns (preferably old), varnish (also found at craft stores, near the Mod Podge), paint (optional).
Tools: Scissors (or X-Acto knife), foam brush, paintbrushes.
1. (Optional) Paint furniture your desired color. Allow ample drying time.
2. Use the foam brush to coat the surface with Mod Podge.
3. Gently place the pattern on the surface. Use the paintbrush to smooth away air bubbles (you can add some Mod Podge to your brush to “paint” on top of the pattern for extra hold).
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the entire piece of furniture is covered in dress patterns. If you enjoy the process and want to add a little more visual interest, repeat steps 2 through 4.
5. Paint the furniture with a few coats of varnish to give it a finished sheen. Enjoy!